Build your child's own epilepsy care notebook!
Care Plan & Seizure Action Plan
A patient's basic personal and medical information, including a Seizure Action Plan, which shows how to deal with a seizure in emergency situations.
[Care Plan & Seizure Action Plan PDF]
Medical ID Card
A wallet-sized card designed to be carried by the child in his or her school back pack or wallet as a handy and reliable medical summary for school or emergency situations. The Medical ID card is a safe and reliable back up for reducing potential allergic reactions/interactions, intolerances or side effect profiles.
[Medical ID Card]
A seizure tracking record
[Seizure Log English/Español PDF]
A list of current and former medications and side effects
[Medication List English/Español PDF]
An organizational section where you should keep your child's important, most recent medical records.
A number of useful tools for families of children with epilepsy
- [Epilepsy Medications English PDF]
- [Medicamentos Epilépticos Español PDF]
- [First Aid Charts English/Español]
- [Doctor's Visit Notes English Español]
- [EF_Parent_Toolkit-Spanish PDF]
- [Epilepsy_Know_the_facts PDF]
- [Epilepsy_Tool_Kit PDF]
- [Epilepsy_You_And_Your_Child_Information_For_Parents PDF]
- [La_epilepsia_y_los_ninos PDF]
- [Parent_Questionnaire PDF]
- [ParentQuestionnaire_in_Spanish PDF]
- [A_Child's_Guide_to_Seizure_Disorder PDF]
- [Como Reconocer Los Sutiles Sintomas de La Epilepsia Español PDF]
- [Epilepsy Children PDF]
- [Hechos sobre los ataques o convulsuiones Español PDF]
- [Kids and Seizures know the hidden signs PDF]
- [La Epilepsia en Los Niños Español PDF]
- [Managing Epilepsy Guide for Caretakers PDF]
- [Seizure, Epilepsy and your Child PDF]
- [The facts about seizures PDF]
- [Understanding the Behavioral Aspects of Epilepsy PDF]
Transitional Care in Epilepsy: Managing Seizure Disorders From Pediatrics To Adulthood
Useful Website Links
If you have a child with epilepsy
Epilepsy and My Child is a website designed for parents with input from parents. This comprehensive website contains information on the following topics: About Epilepsy, Just Diagnosed, Living with Epilepsy, Treatment, Raising Awareness and Resources and Connections.
Improving care for children with epilepsy
The EFOF is one of five sites nationwide to receive a Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Project Access grant to Improve and Expand Services for Children with Chronic Healthcare Needs. Click here for more information on the national initiave for Project Access and here for to learn about what Florida's doing.
If you have been diagnosed with PCDH19 Female Limited Epilepsy or are a female with difficult to control seizures or have a daughter with difficult to control seizures please visit PCDH19 Alliance for more information, and talk to your doctor about a PCDH19 test.
Medications for epilepsy
The No More Seizures website is maintained by the national Epilepsy Foundation. Click here to view its comprehensive medication database that is both current and accurate. It features both the brand name and generic of each anti-epileptic drug.
National Health Care Transition Center
Aaron Gregory Riley College Scholarship
The scholarship to Ohio Wesleyan University was created in memory of Aaron at his alma mater. He died in 2011 (age 21) in a drowning accident related to a seizure.