Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Epilepsy Foundation Rx Card?
The Epilepsy Foundation Rx Card is a FREE discount prescription assistance program. The program was launched to help uninsured and underinsured individuals afford their prescriptions.
Who is eligible to participate in the Epilepsy Foundation Rx Card program?
Every member of the Epilepsy Foundation of Florida and anyone else country wide is eligible to receive a FREE prescription drug card.
How can members get an Epilepsy Foundation Rx Card? Download a FREE card, search drug pricing, and locate participating pharmacies by visiting www.epilepsyfla.org. Members can also obtain cards at various health centers, hospitals, clinics, businesses, and other card distribution sites that are being set up. The cards are accepted at more than 56,000 pharmacies across the country.
How can Epilepsy Foundation Rx Card provide free cards to everybody?
This prescription assistance program is made possible and funded through the support of pharmacies and pharmaceutical companies.
What makes Epilepsy Foundation Rx Card different from other prescription programs?
* No enrollment forms
* No restrictions to participate
* No eligibility or income requirements/limitations
* No waiting periods
* No age restrictions
* No exclusions
* Includes pre-existing conditions
* No claim forms to file
* No annual or lifetime limits
* Open formulary so that both brand and generic medications are eligible for discounts
* Confidentiality: No personal information will be sold, shared, or distributed
Can this program be used by people who have insurance with prescription benefits?
This program was launched to help the uninsured afford their prescriptions. However, people with insurance can also use the Epilepsy Foundation Rx Card to get a discount on medications not covered by their insurance (non-covered drugs) or instead of the health insurance benefits anytime the copayment with Epilepsy Foundation Rx Card is lower than the co-payment using the insurance card.
What type of discounts can you expect when you use this card?
Average savings are roughly 30% with savings on some medications as high as 75%+.
What prescriptions are discounted with this program?
The program has an “OPEN FORMULARY” which means that brand and generic medications are eligible for a discount through this program.
What are the highlights of the Epilepsy Foundation Rx Card program?
* The cards are FREE to all foundation members, employees, family, friends and anyone in need of prescription medication nationwide.
* There are no enrollment forms, no restrictions, no age or income requirements, no waiting periods, no eligibility required, no exclusions, covers pre-existing conditions, no claim forms to file, no annual or lifetime limits, includes discounts on brand and generic medications, open formulary so that brand and generic medications are eligible for discounts.
* This program has a "LOWEST PRICE" feature that provides cardholders the lowest plan price on prescriptions at participating pharmacies (Medication Pricing/Discounts are calculated on the plans lowest negotiated contract price and the pharmacy’s “usual and customary” price).
* This program can be used by people who have Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), High Deductible Plans, and Medicare Part D.
* The program can be used as a standalone benefit or to get discounts on non-covered drugs.
* All members are eligible to participate in this program. * To obtain a FREE card you can access www.epilepsyfla.org 24 hours a day and download as many cards as you need.
* Additional benefits on prescription eyeglasses, hearing aids, diabetes supplies, Lasik surgery and teeth whitening.
This card is pre-activated for immediate savings at participating pharmacies! Simply print, cut out the card and fold along center line.
To download the PDF:
Click below to view/download/print the image: