The Epilepsy Foundation of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the work place.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or Immediate Supervisor. Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The Epilepsy Foundation of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act and the board approved policies.
Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, eligible veterans and spouses of veterans will receive preference in employment and are encouraged to apply. For applicants claiming Veterans' Preference, please attach your supporting documentation (e.g.: DD form 214 Member Copy #4) when you apply for a vacancy. Applicants may also fax their supporting documentation to EFOF 305-670-4949.
POSITION: Senior Community Development Manager
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
POSITION SCOPE: Organize and direct all office policies and procedures in accord with the philosophy and objective of the Board. Evaluate, plan and implement changes to improve the daily operations of the office. Supervise local staff. Participate in the public awareness and educational programs of the Foundation; assist the coordination of fund raising events as approved by the Board of Directors.
QUALIFICATIONS: A four year college degree or a minimum of five years experience in a position with managerial and fundraising responsibilities. Good communication and organizational skills, knowledge of business English accompanied with excellent computer skills.
- Maintain an appropriate system of records and statistics which reflect the programmatic activities of the affiliate.
- Identify areas for programmatic improvement and make recommendations to the Executive Director accordingly.
- Update, maintain and insure the implementation of office policies and procedures.
- Develop a core of volunteers who work to assist the Foundation and its office.
- Prepare and execute statistical monthly reports and invoices for all government and grant agencies.
- Ensure office and all office equipment is operational and well maintained.
- Attend local interagency meetings, United Way meetings, etc.
- Responsible for community outreach and epilepsy education.
- Responsible for the coordination of local fundraisers and annual events.
- Identify local potential donors.
- Supervise and distribute staff and volunteer work assignments.
- Cultivate and make connections with local corporations.
- Participate in all monthly manager and staff meetings.
- Assist with coordination and implementation of office activities.
- Prepares, analyzes and provides programmatic reports as requested by corporate.
- Participate 100% in Community Outreach activities under the direction of the Director of Social Services and Education.
- Participate in all organizational development and advocacy activities.
- Participate in EFOF fundraising activities, staff and department meetings
- Abide by all EFOF, EFA and state policies, procedures and mandates
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
- Represent the agency in a positive manner at all times.
POSITION: Healthcare Marketplace Exchange Navigator
SUPERVISOR: Director of Special Projects
Miami-Dade non-profit is seeking PT/FT virtual and field navigators to provide outreach and enrollment assistance for the federal health exchange. Positions are available in Miami, Broward, Palm Beach, Jacksonville, Gainesville & Pensacola. Positions are contractual for one year.
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field strongly preferred
• Ability to achieve state certification as a navigator
• Bilingual in English and Spanish/Creole preferred
• Competency in coordinating multiple tasks in a variety of locations
• Experience in providing direct services or enrolling individuals in health insurance preferred
• Experience engaging a range of audiences through presentations
• Ability to work confidentially and respectfully with private information
Email subject line: "Navigator Position" Please indicate area to which you are applying:
(Miami, Broward, Palm Beach, Jacksonville, Gainesville, Pensacola)
Finalists will be contacted after September 8, 2014. No phone calls please.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
*To Apply For Any Position*
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may contain articles.