The Epilepsy Foundation of Florida Case Management Program provides individuals with seizures and their family with Individualized Plans of Care (IPOC) tailored for the specific needs of the client and family. Every client is assigned to a case manager who will walk them through the following process:
- Initial comprehensive assessment of the client’s needs:
- In-depth evaluation of all issues that impact the short and long term well-being of the client and their household system. This is the basis for the development of the Individualized Plan of Care (IPOC)
- Development of a comprehensive Individualized Plan of Care: This plan sets the direction for provision of case management services. Case manager helps the client identify needs and create goals and plans of action
- All IPOC have a minimum of five (5) core areas that are evaluated:
- access to neurological care
- access to Anti-epileptic Drugs (AED)
- epilepsy education
- fundraising and awareness participation
- other areas such as employment, vocational services, access to other medical care, dental, psychological, financial, school issues etc. are also evaluated if identified as necessary
- Coordination of the services required to implement the plan:
- This entails the step by step actions taken to assist the customer achieve the goals set in the IPOC. Internal and external referrals are made utilizing the agency and community resources.
- Monitoring to assess the efficacy of the plan:
- Customers are subject to a minimum of four (4) contacts per year. At least one of these interactions is solely devoted to review of the IPOC progress.
- Hardships and issues preventing goal compliance/achievement are evaluated, and goals redirected as necessary
- Contacts are usually via phone, emails or fax since case management services are provided virtually. Other opportunities such as support group and organized events are also use as forums to monitor client’s overall progress.
- Periodic re-evaluation and revision of the plan as necessary over the life of the client: This may included client-specific advocacy and/or review of utilization of services.
For more information, or to enroll in the Case managment program call 1-877-553-7453 or email us here.